A nation building seminar sponsored by the Native Governance Center
- Strengthening governance – thinking strategically
- Roles and responsibilities of elected officials
- Effectively engaging legislative and executive branches of federal government
- Legislative update for the 115th Congress
- Tribal leaders sharing their experience and wisdom
About the session
The Native Governance Center serves the 23 Native nations in Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. The Center seeks to partner with these nations through their elected leaders to strengthen their governing institutions.
In 2016, 17 of these 23 nations held elections and many new tribal council members assumed office. As you settle into your new responsibilities, we would like to invite you to a special two-day training developed to help you be an even more effective leader of your nation.
Hotel, and training cost scholarships are available for Elected Tribal Leaders. Accommodations will be coordinated by Kim Tilsen-Brave Heart (email@example.com) at the Native Governance Center.
To register for the event, please fill out the information below.
Tribal Council Orientation Session Registration Form
Registration deadline: December 30, 2016